About the Course
Dealing with contracts is an essential part of running a business, whether they relate to securing finance, equipment leasing, employing staff or engaging in advertising. Contracts are legally binding, so it’s important to understand exactly what you are signing. This session will highlight some of the key aspects of contracting and what to look out for.
This topic covers:
- Contracts as part of business planning;
- Definition of a contract;
- What makes a legally valid contract;
- Negotiating tips;
- When to seek legal or financial advice;
- Managing longer term contracts;
- Breaches, dispute resolution and termination clauses;
- Other laws that affect or override contract terms;
- Renewal and renegotiation, or ending a contract.
This session is for new and more experienced business owners who already have, or about to enter into, contracts.
This session is presented by the SBDC, the only agency in the Western Australian Government dedicated to helping small business. In fact, we’ve been providing practical support to small business owners for more than 30 years.
Register Your Interest
Unfortunately due to high demand this course is now fully booked.
If you would like to register your interest for the next available course please fill out the form provided.
Register your interest here
Want to stay in the loop for all our upcoming workshops and events? Fill out your details and we will make that happen.
Or book your spot now
Book now as numbers are strictly limited.
Wesley Central, Suite 103/2
Fremantle WA 6160
PO Box 1616, Fremantle WA 6959